Integrity means doing the right thing when nobody is watching.
Integrity is made up of lots of things like honesty, kindness and responsibility.
How do you show integrity when...
- Mum leaves biscuits on the bench - you leave them there, don’t sneak them.
- Rubbish on the floor - pick it up and put it in the bin, don’t wait to be asked, just do it.
- Hanging out in class at lunch time - only if it is raining. If it’s not a wet lunch time then we would be outside!
- Teacher leaves the class - behaving the same as you would when the teacher is there...it doesn’t matter if the teacher is there or not because living with integrity, means you do do the right thing even when nobody is watching!
What are some strategies you could use to help a friend who is not living with Integrity?
- You could live by example, showing your friend how to do the right thing.
- You could say to your friend “are you living with integrity?” and then say perhaps you could pick up that rubbish...
In groups of four we started making videos showing integrity using the i-Pads.
In our video we needed to:
- Show an example of Integrity
- Explain why our clip is demonstrating integrity
- Explain the definition of Integrity
Making an i-Movie
What we noticed...
What Blocked our learning...
- People coming and talking and yelling to us
- People being silly and peeking through windows and other stuff
- People running through the video... and talking loudly when we are trying to record.
- Not having i-movie on all the i-Pads
- Deleting lots of video
- People copying our ideas
- People interrupting our video
- My group...the people who I choose to work with
- Group not working together
What Drove our learning...
- Working together as a group and including everybody
- Being focused on the learning goal/task
- We shared our ideas and listened to each other. Piggy backing on ideas and came up with one really good idea which we then all focused on
- Good videoing
- Got to choose where we worked and could move about outside.
What we can do next time...
- Make sure that i-movie is on all the i_pads
- Keep the i-pad still when filming- take care with filming
- Use your time wisely
- Plan your time and your movie
- Don’t laugh and look at the camera when you are filming
- Follow all the instructions