What is a good learner?
- When someone is talking, look and listen and don't interrupt them
- being focused on our learning
- strive for excellence - when someone is talking you are facing your shoulders to the person so they know you are listening and you try your best at everything you do.
- Put your hand up when you want to have a go at talking
- Showing kotahitanga
- managing our time
- showing integrity and responsibility - not talking on the mat and being kind and stuff
- striving for your term goal
- doing your best
What is one of your learning goals?
- Getting better at understanding and using fractions
- Getting better at my basic facts
- Getting better at focusing on the mat and not calling out
- Getting to the top of the stage 5 basic facts chart before the end of the term
- Trying harder and to focus on all of my learning.
What would I notice about you if I was watching you being a good learner?
- always give it a go and try your best
- try you best at everything
- head is down and you are working
- don't give up and sit back, try your best.
- participating in a group - sharing your ideas, listening and working together
- having fun
- Taking responsibility and managing yourself
- Taking risks - trying new things, so you so can say 'like I can do this now' and get good at stuff
- showing integrity - doing the right thing even though nobody is watching.
- Taking responsibility for your choices